LRTC Fiber Construction Update
3:07PM May 02, 2018
Where can you get service today?
All Green Zones (in-service) are completed and now require a two-year contract (must own home), or $99 upfront with a 1-year contract or $250 no contract. Fiber construction crews have completed these zones and relocated. A new service request (order) can take 8-10 weeks if your home needs construction in the green zones. We understand this can be discouraging and we appreciate everyone who signed up while crews were working in these zones. Once we have several new service orders in these green zones, our contractor will get a crew back n the area to build your request. We promise the service is worth the wait if you missed out while crews were working in the zone.
Where will Lake Region Fiber be available next?
All Yellow Color Zones we have construction happening now! Please pre-register now before crews finish these zones. The cost is currently a $75 installation (no contract) once crews leave to get connected it requires a 2-year contract or $250.
Active Construction Zones Update
- Zone 3 - Keys - Most of the mainline fiber and drops are complete, crews are finishing the splicing at each house (NID box on the house). We are averaging 50 completed services a week, ready for install.
- Zone 12 - Sparrow Hawk - Contractor crews are back in this area of Tahlequah | Highway 10 working on completing the northern part of this zone working towards Peyton's Place (float resort) and Eagle Bluff Resort. Our goal is to have these resorts and houses in the same area completed by the end of May.
- Hulbert Expansion - Contractor crews, have mainline construction underway and will still be a few more months before service is active in this zone. The mainline construction is completed a lot quicker than home drops and splicing. We are working to get more splicing crews to speed up the splicing process. Members need to sign up now in this zone to ensure their home or business doesn't miss out for $75.
- Zone 13 - Woodland Hills (BA) contractor crews, have mainline construction underway and will still be a few more months before service is active. The mainline construction is completed quicker than home drops and splicing. We are working to get more splicing contractors to speed up the splicing process. Members need to sign up now in this zone to ensure their home or business doesn't miss out for $75.
- We are still evaluating building underground into some the housing addition located inside of this zone. We need more backers before we can invest in underground fiber to service these housing subdivisions. (CopperFox | Steely Farms - Meadows | Woodland Hills | Fair Oaks | Pin Oaks)
- Remote: Several fiber expansion zones are listed on our website. We are monitoring the pre-registration in some of these outlining remote areas. Just as Lake Region carefully budgets to provide safe and reliable power, so too does Lake Region Technology. There is only so much financing we can obtain, only so much risk we can tolerate, and only so many miles of fiber we can physically build at one time. We need to complete and close some of our active construction zones before we look at opening new expansion zones. If your address does not fall inside one of our current zones, please don't get discouraged. Go ahead and pre-register on our website. These pre-registered backers will help assist us in deciding where to go next for our future build out of our fiber-to-the-home network. By getting your name and address on the crowdfiber list, you ca help your area launch into construction sooner!